We encourage you to bring a friend or family member to go through the assessment process with you. For an inpatient admission this will take three to four hours. At your appointment, you will be seen by a counselor and medical staff to determine your appropriateness for inpatient or outpatient treatment. If you have insurance (commercial or Medicaid), the final decision of which treatment you will receive will be made by the insurance company based on medical necessity.
If you have recently had inpatient treatment, your insurance may not authorize for inpatient but would authorize for outpatient treatment.
If you are not currently insured, you may qualify for expanded Medicaid. You can determine your eligibility and sign up on-line at kynect.ky.gov
- Q -Do you provide medication for withdrawal symptoms?
- A – YES
- Q – What kind of medication does JADAC use?
- A – We have a different medication protocol for each type of drug (Narcotic, Benzodiazepines, Alcohol, etc.)
- Q – Is there a medical staff on duty 24 hours a day?
- A – YES
- Q – Do you provide sleeping pills?
- A – YES, for a short period of time.
- Q – Can family/friends drop off items for me?
- A – YES: Monday- 8:30am-6:45pm, Tuesday 4:00pm-6:45pm, Wednesday 4:00pm-6:45pm, Thursday 8:30am-6:45pm and Friday 8:30am-4:00pm
- Q – Is there Visitation?
- A – YES, Sunday is family and visitation day for the family/friends 13 years of age and over. Family Day is 1:30p-4:00 and from 4-4:30 is visitation. In order to attend visitation, family and friends need to attend Family Day as well.
What to Bring for Inpatient Stay:
- Insurance card or medical card
- Payment for inpatient treatment if you have been quoted a fee, co-pay, or deductible
- A four-week supply of current medications
- Personal toilet articles: such as toothbrush and paste, deodorant, shampoo, shaving equipment-razors must be new and in packaging, and no baby powder allowed.
- A five-day supply of underwear and socks
- Five changes of casual clothing
- Sleeping garments and robe
- Gym shoes for recreation
- Shower shoes. (These may be purchased at our client store)
- Small shower caddy for shampoo, soap, razors, toiletries, etc.
- Spending money. You do not need more than $20-$25 Bills should be no larger than $5.00
- AA Big Book, NA Basic Text, or other recovery literature
- Laundry soap
- Sweater, sweat shirt or jacket
- Cigarettes, if you smoke
- A lock. (Locks may be purchased at our client store)
- Writing paper, pen or pencil, envelopes, stamps
*Space is limited, so all items you bring should fit in a carry-on size bag. Washers and dryers are available to do laundry while you are here, so you won’t need a lot of clothes. If you bring too many belongings, your friend or family member may be asked to take some with them after your appointment, or arrangements must be made for the items to be picked up.
Do not bring any of the following to your appointment:
- Large sums of money
- Bed linens, including sheets, blankets, pillows, pillow cases or stuffed animals
- Weapons (including pocket knives, or knives of any type)
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Over-the-counter medications
- Alarm clocks
- Cellular phones
- TV, radio, stereo, CD player, Walkman, Ipod, MP3 player, cassette tapes or CDs, videotapes, pagers, etc.
- Laptop Computers, iPads, Nooks, Kindles, or other electronic reading devices
- Musical instruments
- Unnecessary valuables such as expensive clothing, jewelry
- Any solution containing alcohol (mouthwash, aftershave, cologne, perfume, deodorant).
- Aerosol hairspray or any type of aerosol (pressurized spray) product
- Fingernail polish, fingernail polish remover, Q-tips
- Food products, including gum and candy
- Literature, magazines, except AA/NA material
- Irons, liquid bleach, fabric softener sheets (Bounce, etc.)
- Body powder
- Hair clippers/beard trimmers
- No Lighters and No Matches
Again, thank you for choosing JADAC.
*If you are unable to gather these items upon admission please have someone drop them off to you during your stay or you can purchase items here at JADAC. If you are on regular medication, we will work with you to obtain those meds if you do not have a 2 week supply.