The Training Institute believes that training and staff development strengthens skills and improves quality of care. By improving quality of care, the Training Institute advances Centerstone Kentucky’s goal of empowering clients to realize their potential.
For Centerstone Kentucky’s staff *, the Training Institute offers a variety of learning opportunities and professional development through instructor-led classroom training, workshops and online training. Centerstone Kentucky’s staff can refer to the full list of learning opportunities through the CKY Relias portal. Class details include approval to earn CEs for free!
* The Centerstone Kentucky staff at Central State Hospital are welcome to attend the instructor-led CE classroom trainings. Most will be at no charge so after reviewing the training information, please contact the Centerstone Kentucky Training Institute for registration at CKY-Training@Centerstone.org.
For other community mental health professionals, the Training Institute offers learning opportunities for individuals and organizations. Classes which earn CEs have associated fees. Clicking on a training title will redirect to EventBrite for more information and for registration.
For more information or general questions, contact the Centerstone Kentucky Training Institute at CKY-Training@Centerstone.org
Business hours for the Training Institute are M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Centerstone Kentucky is approved for 2018 by the KBEP to sponsor continuing education for credential holders. Centerstone Kentucky maintains responsibility for applicable programs and their contents.
- October 31 and November 2
- February 6 and 7 – open for registration
- May 9 and 10 – opens for registration in February 2019
- August 21 and 22 – opens for registration in May 2019
- November 21 and 22 – opens for registration in August 2019
- November 29
- November 19
- November 9
- November 28
- November 8
- October 10 and 12
- January 23 and 24 – open for registration
- April 17 and 18 – opens for registration in January 2019
- July 10 and 11 – opens for registration in April 2019
- October 16 and 17 -opens for registration in July 2019
- October 24, 2018
- December 19
- To be announced
- November 7
- To be announced
- November 30, 2018
- October 10
- Part 1: Oct. 11, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Part 2: Oct. 25, 2018, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Part 3: Nov. 1, 2018, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Part 4: Nov. 8, 2018, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- October 18 1:00-4:00pm
- To be announced
- November 14, 2018
Peer Support Specialist Certification
This training does not link to EventBrite because there is an application process.
2018 Dates: December 3 – 13
2019 dates: March 11-20; May 13 – 22; July 29 – August 7; and November 4 – 13
Centerstone KY is offering the Peer Support Certification program for those who desire to serve as a peer support specialist for adults or youth with mental health, substance use, or co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders or their family members.
This 8-day certification program combines the requirements for Adult, Family, and Youth Peer Support Specialists, including the Family Leadership Academy, with group instruction and breakout sessions specific to the needs of Adult, Family, and Youth Peer Support Specialists. To earn PSS Certification: Attend all 8 days of Certification class IN FULL, Pass an oral exam, and Pass a written exam. Cost: $350 per participant ($200 Scholarships are available for individuals (not with an employer providing human services))
The certification course will meet the requirements of the following Kentucky Administrative Regulations
- Adult PSS – 908 KAR 2:220 http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/kar/908/002/220.htm
- Family PSS – 908 KAR 2:230 http://www.lrc.ky.gov/kar/908/002/230.htm
- Youth PSS – 908 KAR 2:240 http://www.lrc.ky.gov/kar/908/002/240.htm
For an application, Contact Joy Varney, Peer Support Coordinator at Joy.Varney@centerstone.org 502-220-8498